We are accepting papers now for the 2017 volume. Deadline: October 1, 2016
Texas Theatre Journal seeks submissions for the 2017 volume. Articles on a wide range of topics are welcome. We invite practice-based studies, theoretical explorations, historical considerations, and other methodologies.
The journal is also interested in research related to the broad geographical, cultural, and historical notion of Texas. We welcome opportunities to support scholars working in Texas. Published annually by the Texas Educational Theatre Association, our mandate is to feature the work of graduate students whenever possible.
Send Articles, Profiles, and Interviews to the Editors:
DeAnna Toten Beard, PhD and John Sefel, MFA
- Articles: We value clear and accessible writing for a general audience of theatre educators, scholars, and practitioners. Articles should typically be 4000-6000 words in length, and sent via email as Word files
- Please follow Chicago Style guidelines
- Include a title page with author(s) and affiliated institutions
- Article itself should be a reader’s copy without author’s name or affiliation
- Citations/context notes should be handled as end notes
- Profiles: We publish scholarly profiles (300-500 words in length) of theatre practitioners—historical or contemporary—with a Texas connection. Accompanying photos are preferred (author must secure photo permissions).
- Interviews: We accept the submission of rigorous and relevant interviews with theatre practitioners.
We also invite submission of Book Reviews and Performance Reviews. Typical length is 800 words. Please contact the respective editors directly: